Before diving into how to join us, why don’t we talk a little bit about who we are here at the Illini Chapter. You might be wondering, ok, who are these BMW car club guys and what’s their deal? How are they different from all the other car clubs out there? We’re so glad you asked!
- We are the biggest single marquee car club in the world. We have close relationships with BMW North America and we even have high-up BMW folks joining us at national events… Here’s a few off hand
- Joey Hand – spoke at Oktoberfest 2012
- Ludwig Willisch – CEO of BMW North America – joined us, like all the members, for Oktoberfest 2013
- And many more!
- The BMWCCA is known to run some of the best high performance driving schools, with some of the best in car instructors. Being a member gets you discounted rates, and in some cases, priority registration.
- Remember that 1M? The car that only 1500 of them were made? That was made with direct input from the BMWCCA – just think, having your voice heard by a company that builds M CARS!
- Not everything is about the brand – it’s also the camaraderie. Although the Illini Chapter is small compared to nearby chapters (Windy City in Chicago is 1500+ members), we have some fantastic social outings!
- We are just now getting our autocross program going. If it takes off, you’ll want to be a member to enjoy a discount on the registrations and priority registration.
Still not convinced? Ok, ok – you don’t have to be a member to volunteer and take part in our autocrosses and Street Survival events, but there are many many other benefits that may spark your interest.
So from here, we’d love for you to join, but you’re welcome to join some of our events first – get to know us, see if it’s a good fit. Make your decision below…